Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Wacky Watercooler April Blog Hop!

http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.de/

Has another month really gone by already??? I've been so busy, but whew! that was fast! If you have followed along the Blog Hop circuit, this should be your last stop. If you've somehow just stumbled upon my blog, welcome!, and if you'd like, you can simply click on the banner above to begin at the beginning. You should be coming here from Kath's blog - isn't she fantastic?!?!? Wow!

I like to do my part of hops in "themes" and this time I thought I'd do embossing. I love both heat embossing, using embossing powders and a heat tool, and embossing with embossing folders. Both give lots of "pop" and texture to your projects, for very little money or effort!!

Project #1:
Recipe:
Stamps: Secret Garden, Express Yourself
Paper: Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White
Ink: Whisper White craft ink, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Strawberry Slush, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Wisteria Wonder chevron ribbon, white embossing powder, dimensionals, sticky strip.

Project #2:
 Recipe:
Stamps: Lovely Romance
Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold, Gold Foil, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, gold embossing powder, Chalk Talk framelit, stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals

Project #3:
Recipe:
Stamps: Backyard Basics, Label Something
Paper: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Backyard Basics framelit, hexagon punch, dotted scallop ribbon border, honeycomb embossing folder, 2-way glue pen, Dazzlin' Diamonds glitter, SU markers, dimensionals, Tombow multi glue

Thank you so much for dropping in to see my projects for the Hop! I hope you'll take a moment to leave a comment with your thoughts on them before clicking "next"!! See you next month!!

http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.de/

http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.de/

http://kath-allthatscrap.blogspot.de/

17 comments:

Deanna said...

Love all of your cards of course! I'm a big fan of all things embossed too. The simplest card can look so dramaticc when embossed!

Created by Kath said...

I love embossing my favorite is your second card.

Buffy said...

Gorgeous cards, Jeanne! Love the embossing (all three!).

Deborah Smart said...

You're so right, Jeanne - embossing makes everything better! You did a fabulous job showing us that - I think my favourite is your 1st card - love the colouring inside the white embossing :)

Gail said...

Great idea to use a theme for all your projects! The Secret Garden card is outstanding! Wonderful colours.

Terri said...

I love embossing too!! Thank you for sharing your projects!

Crafty Medic said...

Fabulous projects! Great use of easy and impressive techniques!

Heidi Weaver said...

Thanks for being part of this blog hop, Jeannie. You make for a very strong finish. I love the way you've used a "theme" for your post. Embossing, whether heat or with an embossing folder, can really raise a project out of the ordinary and your projects really prove that point.
I love all your cards but, if pressed, would probably choose the second as my favourite. The tone-on-tone heat embossing as well as your careful layout (thanks to the Stamp-a-ma-jig) gives this card an understated elegance that isn't easy to copy. As lovely as it looks onscreen, however, I'm sure it looks even better in real life.

Thanks for sharing such wonderful examples of embossing. Love the cards.

Christine said...

Your cards are beautiful, Jeanne. I love to emboss as well. It just adds so much. I can't say which is my favorite, but now I have to have that Backyard Basics bundle just to have that bee. I've been resisting but now my resistance is gone.

Intense Guy said...

Your cards are works of art. That first card is gorgeous.

Marsha Reed said...

Great cards, Jeanne! Love that Secret Garden.

Jackie said...

Jeanne, I love the bees card. The hexagon folder works perfect with the images!

Debbie Martin said...

Lovely cards! Especially the bee one since we are a bee keeping family, I'll use this one, thanks!

Rita said...

I am still fascinated watching embossing heat up. These are very pretty. I especially like the bees and the honeycomb one. :)

KatheD said...

Every card is wonderful, Jeannie, as always, and a perfect showing for a great theme!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great cards. Thanks for sharing!

AliceKay said...

Love the cards. The first one is a beauty.